
This is later the day of the accident, a while after surgery, he was still bleeding out his ear. He was on a vent and had the ICP monitor in hid head.

In the ICU just after they pulled his vent, and was breathing on his own!

On the Surgical unit, they had pulled the monitor out of his head earlier that day ( that's why he has the gauze. (Rad hair do huh!?)

I wish I had got a better pic of the thigh wound, the dumb gauze are in the way, any how, it wraps to just a couple inches under the back of his thigh (quite large) the tube at the top (looks like a noodle...any one hungry?) is a drain, he had another one it's just under the gauze so you can't see it, it was stitched in place, when they pulled it they took the stitches out, and the tube pulled all the way through, it was about 8 inches long! I got to help. It is now scabbed up and looks really good!

Working with PT on walking and balance!

Kids came to visit.

Head staples before being removed (they let me take them out!)

2 minutes later when I was done, there were 28 of them! It looks really good!

He made the paper (Deseret News) The article is called "Willard man critically injured in motorcycle car accident" He kept saying that article says I was critically injured? It took his a while (like till the day before we left) to realize what a serious head injury he had.

The view out our window one morning! Looks like we weren't missing much out there!
Well, we are now home! YAY! Just trying to get things figured out at home, Drew has slept most of the time, and feels like crap, he is just so miserable, and has NO energy at all. Thanks to everyone for your flowers, cards, gifts, prayers, etc!!!! You will never know how much it meant to us! And to our families for helping out with our kids, and food/groceries/laundry/shower bar, etc... all ready to go when we got home! We appreciate all you have done! Feel free to keep updated on our blog about our progress, or give us a call, Drew is not quite ready for visitors yet, he puts on a good face, but it is really wearing and draining on him, so maybe in a couple weeks, when he gets a bit more energy back! Thanks again!
19 comments:
SOOO glad to hear he's home. Please let me know if there's anything I can do. If you guys need some quiet time we would love to have Kennady and Boston over to play for awhile. Dinner...whatever. We're here!
I am so glad to hear that Drew is home. He's lucky to have you to take such good care of him! I don't know how you are doing it all...being pregnant, 2 other kids, Drew injured, and all the everyday stuff. You're amazing. Hopefully all the prayers being said are strenthening you too!
Oh my goodness! I can't believe you are home. And you are the bravest girl ever! Im so glad you are keeping your blog updated. I know your not up with visitors, but we want to bring something over and help with anything you need!
Wow. I've been waiting for an update... So glad to hear that he's progressed well enough to come home. Hopefully he continues to recover quickly. Let me know if you need anything.
wow Drew is one tough guy! We can't believe he is home already!! I hope his recovery continues to be quick! We will keep you all in our prayers.
We are so happy for Drew to be home! Just want you to know we are thinking of you guys and your family! Waylon misses kennedy! We hope we can see you guys sometime.
Oh how I have waited for an update...I am so glad to hear that you guys are home! What a relief to be in your own territory. You are such an amazing gal, Drew is pretty tough too! I can't wait till I can come visit and see you. Keep the updates coming!
Dude i knew they couldn't keep you down son. Im glad to hear you are recovering so quickly. When i heard the news i was like WTF man. Hell you were just down and bein all mr Dirtbike guy. LOL. Ok bro i am glad to see you are making progress. You and the fam have been in our thoughts and prayers. Keep up all of the hard work and amanda you keep doin like you have been doin. You have been an amazing wife, mother and care giver.
Ok guys. laters. Let me know if i can help in any way.
I CANNOT believe he is already home! That is amazing. You are such a strong and amazing person. It is such a good thing you are a nurse! Dallin and Camden pray for Andrew in every prayer. And if one forgets, the other one says don't forget Andrew. It is really sweet. Camden usually says, and please bless Andrew because he got hurt riding a motorcyle, and he has his hands like he is riding. It cracks me up! We will all continue to pray for you all!
Thanks for the post. We are glad that he is home and improving. :) The pictures give us a better idea of his injuries. We love the one with the kids. We are praying for his recovery and your health. We will keep your names in the Mesa Temple. Love you.
Thanks for the post... we are so glad that Drew is home and improving everyday! What a miracle!! Keep up the good work... both of you... you are in our thoughts and prayers! Love you!
I cannot believe he's home already! Amazing. We're so glad. Tell Drew he'd better be ready for visitors in 7 weeks when we come to Utah : ) Can't wait to see you guys.
Keep us posted on his progress (as if you wont have ten billion other things to do)!
So glad you are home. I bet the kids love being home and having daddy around. Those pictures look rough. Sounds like he is making good progress in his recovery! You are amazing and patient! Thanks for the updates. We will keep you in our prayers.
I'm so glad that Drew is home. Hopefully he will be able to rest and recuperate and be at peace in his own home. We continue to pray for you. Love you!
That is so great to hear. I wish we still lived up there so we could help you out. Tell Drew he's got to get better enough to go boating with us this summer. Your still in our prayers and thought.
Those pics are unbelievable! I am sooo glad he is home! On the other hand, I can't believe he is home already after all his poor body has gone through! What a trooper and he is sooo lucky to have such an amazing wife to be able to take such good care of him! Looks like things are moving right along! I hope he feels better soon and gets his energy back! Know you are all in my thoughts and prayers!!!
So glad to hear he is home already! Amanda, great updates and you sound like super woman! Way to be there for your man! Drew, keep at it bro! You'll be back to full form in no time! Keep the miracles coming!
We are so relieved that you are back at home. Being a patient in the hospital is so horrible...I'm sure you're the best home care nurse he could have dreamed of! Love you tons and we'll keep praying for you.
Wow Amanda, I was hoping I heard a rumor that wasn't true, but I can see it is. I am so sorry for this, but he couldn't ask for a better wife while he goes through this. Take care, you're in my thoughts.
Post a Comment